Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 Team (Surface Hub), HoloLens, Xbox One. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for The CW. This wikiHow teaches you how to download a smart TV app using your smart TV's app store. To use this handy feature, read on. Turn on your TV. If your Apple TV is the default input, doing so should wake up the Apple TV immediately. The CW Seed app is available on the following devices: iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch Android phone and tablet Apple TV Roku TV and Roku.
This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
The CW App is the only way to stream the LATEST EPISODES of your favorite shows for FREE, no subscription or password needed. Just install the app and stream the hit series Riverdale, Black Lightning, The Flash, All American, Charmed, Legacies, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Supernatural, Dynasty, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane The Virgin, The 100, iZombie and more. Missed last night’s episode? Watch it now for FREE. Behind more than one? Catch up on the last five episodes aired anytime.
* FULL EPISODES: Watch the latest episodes of every primetime show the day after broadcast. Free.
* NO LOGINS: No cable subscription, no credit cards, no passwords. Ever.
* PUSH NOTIFICATIONS: Get reminded when your favorite shows air and when they’re available to watch in the app.
* EXTRAS: See previews for upcoming episodes, behind-the-scenes extras, cast interviews, and more.
* EASY ACCESS TO CW SEED: Binge on new classics like The Secret Circle, Hellcats, Moonlight, Everybody Hates Chris, digital series like DC’s Constantine: City of Demons, and every episode of Whose Line.
Updated to optimize your experience. We're always thinking of you.
Many bugs in this app.
I’ll start by saying that I never watch tv so it’s nice to be able to keep up with my favorite show (Riverdale) on my own schedule. Of course the episodes do expire after a couple of weeks, so you have to stay on top of it. It’s also nice how they release the episodes only a day or 2 after they air so I’m not having to wait months to watch it on Netflix. The reason I’m only giving 3 stars is because there are many bugs still needing to be fixed with this app. First, I just opened the app and the home screen was completely blank so I had to delete and redownload the app and it’s still not working. Really hope they fix this soon. Second, there are WAY too many ads, “commercials”. You can’t pause or exit the show during the commercials either, you’re just stuck watching them. Third, they have an option for “continue watching” if you had to stop watching an episode, but it only redirects you to the right place in the show 50% of the time. Most of the time it’ll take you to the beginning or take you back to a commercial and make you watch that again before you can continue. And when you try to fast forward to where you were in the show it stops you at the commercials and makes you watch multiple sets of 80 second ads before you can actually skip to where you were in the show.
Overall I’ll still choose to deal with all of the bugs because I want to see the show. But i really wish they would address the MANY problems with this app.
Horribly bad orientation controls
This app is incomprehensibly bad, at least as far as how it displays when holding the iPad in different orientations. For starters, when you open the app, it only supports portrait orientation, with the home button at the bottom. Now let’s be clear about something. We are watching a video, the only way to watch it is in landscape orientation. And that is exactly how the videos will play, but before you can watch them, you have to browse the selection screen with iPad held upright in portrait orientation. That is incomprehensibly ridiculous. Why wouldn’t you want to browse the listings in the same orientation as you are going to watch them in? As it is, the iPad is often easier to hold in landscape orientation. And it’s not like there isn’t an existing CW app that is used exclusively in landscape orientation. Hello Apple TV!
But this gets better. Sometimes I have to have my iPad in landscape orientation with the home button on the left side, so I can have it plugged in while I’m watching something. And while the actual videos “can” play oriented correctly regardless of which side is up, when you pause a video, it will resume upside down if your iPad is held (or on a stand in my case) with the home button is on the left. And of course, when you exit a video, the home screen for the app is sideways.
You would think the developers of The CW app have not actually used it themselves. It’s just that incomprehensibly absurd in the way it works.
Awesome App! Free with commercials
I REALLY LOVE this app!!! If I miss the CW tv shows I want to watch the night before, I can watch them in this app for quite a while after they air on tv before they expire from the app. And it being free just for the normal commercial breaks that the regular shows have is AWESOME!!!!!! I can totally watch commercials if it means a free experience to be able to watch my shows if I miss them when they air!!!!
I’m currently addicted to Supernatural and have been since it began airing. Sometimes it’s changing schedule from season to season makes me miss an episode here or there. This app allows me to watch or rewatch an aired episode from the night before to keep up with the story arcs with my favorite CW show! It usually allows a week to 3 weeks or so to watch an episode after it airs. Then it will expire from the app.
And since I don’t have much money to pay for a service AND my cell phone, I REALLY appreciate that it’s free, just for the trade off of having commercial breaks build into the show! I can totally live with that!!!!!
THANK YOU CW APP!!! 💖
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Can I Download The Cw App On My Vizio Smart Tv
New device alert - the ABC app is now available to download on your Samsung Tizen Smart TV! Get ready for ABC's fall premieres and catch up on full episodes from Grey's Anatomy, The Good Doctor, black-ish, and more. And now for a limited time, you can watch the full first season of Splitting Up Together – no sign in required! But what else is new in the app? Well you can:
- SAVE YOUR FAVORITES: Quickly access the latest episodes** by adding your favorite shows to My List!
- CONTINUE WATCHING: Had to stop in the middle of that Modern Family episode? We'll keep your place for you so you can select the episode and continue watching right from your home screen!
- CREATE OR SIGN IN TO YOUR ABC ACCOUNT: Personalize your experience by creating a free account to sync your preferences and favorites across multiple devices.
- BINGE WATCH FULL SEASONS: Binge-watch full seasons of classic shows like Felicity, Army Wives, Body of Proof, and dozens more - no sign-in required!
- STREAM LIVE TV* so you don't miss a moment of late-breaking, local news or major events like the Oscars® or the NBA Finals.
Download the app on a supported device today and start watching!
* The ABC TV live stream is available with a participating TV provider in Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham and San Francisco. Customers with a DirecTV subscription in the following markets will also be able to watch the ABC live stream: Albuquerque, Boston, Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, Jackson (Mississippi), Kansas City, Milwaukee, Monterey-Salinas, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pittsburgh, Portland-Auburn (Maine), Savannah and West Palm Beach.
** The most recent full episodes may require a participating TV provider account. Show and episode availability are subject to change.