- How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod Mini
- How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod Without Itunes
- How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod 4th Generation
- How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod Nano
iPod Q&A - Revised October 5, 2008
Click and drag the music file or files onto the iPod nano icon under 'Devices.' To select multiple files, hold the 'Ctrl' key while clicking songs, then drag the files.
To be notified of new Q&As, sign up for EveryMac.com's bimonthly email list.
If you find this page useful, please Bookmark & Share it. Thank you.
- 5 comments on “ How do I copy a music CD onto my iPod. Now that Apple does not support my iPod nano what can I use to download music to it. Ask Dave Taylor.
- When it comes to listening to music, iPod still remains the best due to its portability, large storage for music, long battery life etc. Maybe you have just gotten a new iPod and need help putting your music on it to enjoy your favorite music on the go, then below are ways on how to download those music to your iPod.
- Put Music on iPod Shuffle, Nano, Mini without iTunes! This article will illustrate how you can fill up any iPod with songs no iTunes needed. Now, if you want to put any music on your iPod Shuffle – you can just fire WALTR 2 from Softorino and move any file straight to your device. Moreover, you can transfer any music file onto your.
How can I transfer or copy music from my computer to my iPod?
In the official company FAQ, Apple explains that:
iPod offers three ways to transfer music from your computer. You can select one of the following update modes from the iPod Preferences menu in iTunes:
1. Automatically update all songs and playlists. This is the default mode, in which your entire music library, including playlists, is automatically synched to your iPod. If the music library on your computer exceeds the iPod storage capacity, iTunes will offer to choose a selection of songs to sync to iPod.
2. Automatically update selected playlists. With this option, iTunes automatically copies only the playlists you have selected to iPod when you connect it to the computer. This option can be selected by accessing the Music tab of the iPod settings.
3. Manually manage music. You can also choose to transfer music to iPod manually. This allows you to drag and drop individual songs and playlists from iTunes to iPod. You can find this option by accessing the Summary tab of the iPod settings.
If the number of songs on your computer exceeds the capacity of the iPod, Apple's 'AutoFill' feature within iTunes will select the number of songs, audiobooks, and podcasts that fit on the iPod as directed by the user or at random.
You can also configure your iPod to appear as a hard drive on the desktop -- with the exception of the iPod touch models -- and manually drag files of any type to the iPod. Music files copied to the iPod in this way won't play on the iPod, without first copying them to a computer and importing them into iTunes, but this is useful for backing up or transporting any type of file. Please refer to 'Using Your iPod as a Storage Drive' and 'Putting iPod Into Disk Mode' from the Apple Support Site for more information.
Also see: How can I transfer or copy music from my iPod to my computer?
How can I transfer music or files between computers using the iPod? How can I move my iTunes music from my old computer to my new one using the iPod?
To transfer music or files between computers, you will need to use your iPod as a hard disk (please note that the iPod touch models do not support disk mode). In disk mode, you can effectively drag any file to the iPod, disconnect the iPod, connect it to another computer, and drag the file from the iPod to the second computer.
Please refer to 'Using Your iPod as a Storage Disk' from the Apple Support Site for detailed instructions on how to copy legally acquired music from one computer to another using the iPod. For moving music to a new computer specifically, please refer to 'Moving Music to a New Computer'.
- How can I transfer or copy music from my iPod to my computer?
- How can I transfer or copy music from my computer to my iPod?
- Can I directly connect two iPods to each other and transfer music?
Permalink E-mail a Friend Bookmark & Share Report an Error/Typo
How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod Mini
Suggest a New Q&A Sign Up for Bimonthly Site Update Notices
How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod Without Itunes
<< iPod Q&A (Main)
How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod 4th Generation
How Do I Download Music Onto My Ipod Nano