- How To Make Your Ps4 Download Faster And Games
- How To Update Ps4 With Usb
- How To Make Your Ps4 Download Faster And Go
- How To Make Your Ps4 Download Stuff Faster
Learn how to download PS4 Games on your laptop using Internet Download Manager then how to transfer the downloaded PS4 game from your computer to your PS4.
Fellow console user! Do you get slow download speed while downloading PS4 games on your console?
Do you somethings wish you can download PS4 Games with your laptop maybe through IDM because downloads are faster on your laptop and transfer the downloaded data to your PS4? It’s all possible and I will teach you how to do it step by step.
For more information on football games, read this 32RedSports review.
Aug 19, 2017 - Game downloads on PS4 have a reputation of being very slow, with many people reporting downloads being an order of magnitude faster on Steam or Xbox. The PS4 doesn't make it very obvious exactly what programs are. Background app that's causing the OS to limit your PSN download speeds. How to Make Your PS4 Download Faster. The current era of gaming serves up constant reminders that today’s games are larger and more expansive than ever. Jan 24, 2017 - Pro-tip for PS4 owners in Australia. Block this IP address on your router to make your PSN downloads go about 5x faster.
UPDATE 2018: PSXDownloader still works in 2018, recently used it to install Call of Duty World War 2 on his PS4 using this same exact method.
Table of Content
- Requirements/Tools you need.
- Preparation and download links.
- Connecting the PS4.
- Setting up PSX Download Helper.
- Capture PS4 Game download link from Sony servers.
- Using PSX Link Generator to get direct download links.
- Capture download link with IDM and start downloading.
- Download complete, Start the transfer.
Table of Contents
Requirements/ Tools Needed
- PC or laptop with Internet Download Manager installed.
- LAN Cable
- PSX Download Helper
- PSX Link Generator
- A working internet connection inside a smartphone, modem, MiFi or router.
- PSX Link Generator – DOWNLOAD LINK
- Internet Download Manager – DOWNLOAD LINK
- Connect your PS4 to the smartphone, modem, MiFi or router via WiFi and there should be an internet connection.
- Connect your LAN cable from PS4 to the laptop.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center on your laptop.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Select the WiFi Network that has internet access.
- Right click on Properties.
- Click on the Sharing tab. Under Internet Connection Sharing, tick Allow other network users… and select the Home networking connection which is the Ethernet LAN cable you connected between your PS4 and laptop earlier.
Step 1 done! So, what we did was to share our WiFi internet access to the LAN cable making the LAN cable carry internet access. We need that internet access to capture the download link from Sony servers.
Connecting the PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
- Start PSX download helper on your laptop and write the IP Address shown down somewhere. Don’t Press anything!
- Go to PS4 settings, Network and Setup a new connection. Select Use a LAN Cable.
- Choose Custom Settings
- Select Automatic for all except Proxy Server. Click on Use Proxy Server
- Insert the IP address you wrote down from PSX Download Helper. Port is always 8080.
- Click on Next. Don’t test Internet Connection yet!
This step makes sure that your laptop and PS4 are communicating through that specific IP address.
Setting up PSX Download Helper
- Remember PSX Download Helper is open. Click on the Big White button.
- Go to the 5th tab which is Settings.
- Find the sliding menu and select English.
- Restart app! Language changes to English,Â Simple.
- When PSX download helper opens, Click on Start and Test your Internet Connection.
Capture PS4 Game Download Link from Sony Servers
- How will I get the download link for the PS4 Game or Game update file? It’s simple. All you need to do is;
- Start the download on your PS4 console
- PSX Download Helper app automatically grabs that link
- Click on copy
- Move on to PSX Link Generator tool.
Using PSX Link Generator to get direct download links
Very easy to use software, Just follow these 5 steps and you are ready.
- Open PSX Link Generator
- Paste the link
- Generate Links
- Add all to IDM.
- Â Go to Internet Download Manager and start the downloads.
Capture Download Link with IDM
- Link captured and added to IDM queue. Start downloading to your PS4 Game with IDM. Remember it’s 4GB per size.
Download Complete, Start the Transfer
- After few hours to days of downloading, it becomes complete and it’s time to transfer the PS4 game you downloaded on your laptop back to your PS4 console. This step is also very easy.
- Create a folder named the title of the PS4 game you downloaded or updated. Copy all the PS4 game part into that folder
- Go to PSX download helper settings tab.
- Click on Folder, Select the folder where you saved your downloaded PS4 Game then Apply your settings.
- Start the download in your PS4 console and watch closely how fast it downloads. Also, take note of PSX app and the activities running.
I transferred 20GB in less than 5 minutes. With this method now, I can order for PS4 digital games, download on my laptop using IDM, transfer the downloaded PS4 game data from my laptop to PS4 and that’s it.
Thank you for reading my article, please leave a comment below if my article helped you in some way and also if you like me to write on a particular topic. Leave a comment below.
If you own a PS4, you probably would’ve already faced a lot of slow downloads. Ever since the PS4’s launch back in 2013, people have been complaining about the slow download speeds on their consoles, usually over WiFi. Even consumers who have high speed internet connections in their homes are facing throttled speeds on their PS4 systems. This results in game download times being directly affected. So, today we’ll be letting you know a potential fix to this problem to boost your connection speed. Well, without further ado, let’s take a look at how to improve the download speed on your PS4:
Change DNS and MTU Settings On PS4
Note: I tested this on a PS4 Pro system while downloading Horizon Zero Dawn because the speeds were unbearable. After doing the following procedure, my speed was almost doubled and the ETA was reduced by half. However, this procedure may or may not solve everyone’s issues.
By default, the DNS and MTU settings are set to automatic for your internet connection on the PlayStation 4. We need to change those manually now. In order to do that, simply follow the steps below:
- Click the “Briefcase” icon on the home screen of your PS4 system to go to the console’s settings.
- Click on Network -> Set Up Internet Connection. Now if you’re making use of Ethernet for a wired connection to the Internet, choose “Use a LAN Cable”. Else, choose “Use Wi-Fi”.
- You will now be asked to either choose “Easy” or “Custom” mode to set up your internet connection. Click on Custom.
- For IP Address Settings, click on “Automatic“.
- Now, for DHCP Host Name, click on “Do Not Specify“.
- You’ll now be asked to choose the DNS settings. Click on “Manual“.
- You should now enter your Primary and Secondary DNS. You can use either Google DNS or OpenDNS for this procedure. Use either of the following:
Primary DNS – 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS – 184.108.40.206
Primary DNS – 220.127.116.11
Secondary DNS – 18.104.22.168
- Once done, click on Next to proceed to MTU settings. Here, click on “Manual“.
- Type 1473 in the MTU menu. If that’s not accepted by your PS4, type in 1450. Click Next.
How To Make Your Ps4 Download Faster And Games
- Choose “Do Not Use” for Proxy Server. That’s it for the configuration process.
- Finally, click “Test Internet Connection“. Then, wait for the speed test to complete, it usually takes around a minute.
Well, it’s as simple as that, you should notice a considerable improvement in your download speeds after you’ve done this. The reason why you get this improvement is because in certain areas, the ISP’s DNS servers may generally be crowded. Considering Google DNS and OpenDNS servers are two of the fastest DNS servers in the world, it will most certainly be faster than your ISP’s DNS servers. If the procedure didn’t work out for you, it’s something else that’s hindering your speeds.
Speeds: Before vs After
The WiFi network provides an internet speed of around 5-7 Mbps, so the improvement in speeds was quite significant in our case. The download speed almost doubled and the upload speed was almost 10 times better. While trying to download Horizon Zero Dawn game, we observed that the ETA was cut down by half after switching to Google’s DNS and MTU value set to 1473. You can see the results for yourself below:
Use Ethernet, Not Wi-Fi
If the above procedure doesn’t work for you, there’s probably something else that’s hindering your speeds. Using a WiFi network can affect your speeds as well, especially considering the fact that the standard PS4 supports only 2.4 GHz WiFi band, which is usually crowded. So, connecting directly using a LAN cable would be a much better option to improve your download speeds on the PS4.
SEE ALSO: 12 Best PS4 Apps You Should Install On Your Console
Use This Simple Tweak to Increase Download Speed on PS4
Well, the procedure is far from complicated and takes only a few minutes. So, if you’re one of those PS4 users facing slow internet speeds, try this procedure out and let us know how this has improved your download speeds. Also, while I tried this on the PS4 Pro, the method should work on the original PS4 and PS4 Slim. So, try it out and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.