- Lil Wayne Lollipop Ft Static Free Mp3 Download Full
- Lil Wayne Feat Static Major Lollipop Mp3 Free Download
A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site.
'Lollipop' is the first single from Lil Wayne's sixth studio album, Tha Carter III. The track features the late R&B artist Static Major and is produced by Deezle and Jim Jonsin. The song was released digitally on March 13, 2008. The song features Auto-Tune vocals. The song is Lil Wayne's & Static Major's most successful to date, spending 5 non-consecutive weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Static Major died two weeks before the release of the song. There are… read more
Lollipop Download Free Mp3 Song. Lil Wayne - Lollipop ft. Static mp3 Quality: Good Download. Lil' Wayne-Lollipop Lyrics & Song mp3 Quality: Good. Learn Colors with Lollipops Finger Family Song Nursery Rhymes Fun Learning Colors for Kids mp3 Quality: Good Download. Giant Chupa Chups Lollipops Candy Review.
Waka Flocka Flame
Don't want to see ads? Subscribe now
Lil Wayne Lollipop Ft Static Free Mp3 Download Full
|Single by Lil Wayne featuring Static Major|
|from the album Tha Carter III|
|Released||March 13, 2008|
|Lil Wayne singles chronology|
|Static Major singles chronology|
'Lollipop' is the first single from American rapper Lil Wayne's sixth studio album, Tha Carter III. The track posthumously features American singer Static Major and is produced by Deezle and Jim Jonsin. It heavily utilizes the Auto-Tune vocal effect. The song was released digitally on March 13, 2008.
'Lollipop' is Lil Wayne's and Static Major's most successful single to date, spending five non-consecutive weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Static Major died just over two weeks before the release of the song, making the song the eighth to hit number one after the death of a credited artist. There are various versions of the song. The single was certified 5x Platinum by the RIAA for selling five million units in the United States and was ranked the number one hip hop song of 2008 by MTV. The song reached number one on the 2008 issue of Notarized by BET. The song was ranked at number five on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2008. With 9.1 million copies sold as of January 2009, 'Lollipop' was named 2008's best-selling digital single worldwide by IFPI.
- 4Charts and certifications
The music video was directed by Gil Green and filmed in Las Vegas at Gavin Maloof's residence on January 1, 2008. The video premiered via BET's Access Granted on March 12, 2008. It also reached number one on TRL in April on MTV.
The limousine that Wayne and Static get into at the start of the video is based off an International XT pickup truck.
The video is the most-viewed video on Music Choice's video on demand service.
Jim Jonsin, Tyga, Birdman and Mack 10 make cameos in the video.
The final frame of the video is a picture of Static praying with the words 'In memory of Stephen 'Static Major' Garrett'.
The song won a Grammy Award in February 2009 for Best Rap Song.
Static Major died unexpectedly during a medical procedure on February 25, 2008, sixteen days before the song was released. 'Lollipop' jumped 76 spots from number 85 to number 9 on the March 28, 2008 issue of the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Lil' Wayne's highest-charting single as a lead artist, along with being his first top ten hit on the chart as a lead artist. His previous highest-charting position as a lead artist was with 'Go D.J.', which peaked at number 14 in 2004. The following week, it reached a new peak of number 7 on the Hot 100. The single reached a new peak of number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 on April 17, 2008, making it his highest-charting single as both a lead artist or as a featured performer. (Lil Wayne was a featured artist for Destiny's Child's number 3 (Hot 100) hit, 'Soldier'.) For the week of May 3, 2008, 'Lollipop' reached the number-one spot on the Hot 100, his first number one on the chart. It is also Wayne's first number one on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and the Hot Rap Tracks chart. On the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, it is the first rap song to reach number one since Ludacris' 'Money Maker' in 2006. After one week, it slipped away from top spot, but returned three weeks later, making it the song with the longest break in between peaks in the Hot 100 since Usher's 'U Got It Bad.'
The week after the release, Wayne and Mariah Carey became the number one most added and greatest gainer at both radio formats with a total of 138 adds. 'Lollipop' has become a crossover hit on mainstream radio, as it became his first top 40 hit as a lead artist, entering at number 36, and has so far peaked at number 5. It is his first top ten on the Pop 100, where it has reached number two. It returned to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for the second time on May 22, 2008.
The song has become a top ten success in Canada, peaking at number 10 as of May 29, 2008, and his most successful song in the UK, where it reached number 26 on downloads alone. It reached number 3 on the New Zealand charts and was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand.
In 2008, 'Lollipop' was the best-selling ringtone in the United States with over 2.3 million copies sold and the second best-selling digital song with over 3.1 million copies.
To date, 'Lollipop' sold 4,176,000 digital copies in the United States.
Remixes and covers
Lil Wayne Feat Static Major Lollipop Mp3 Free Download
The official remix features Static Major and Kanye West. There is an extended version of the remix that has Wayne talking over the original bridge and singing an altered hook, with Kanye singing adlibs, along with a guitar riff near the end. Other remixes feature Young Jeezy, Gorilla Zoe, Ace Hood, Kurupt, V.I.C., Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa, Tekitek, Rasheeda and Khia, who made a popular female version of the song. Another remix was made commemorating the 2008 NBA champion Boston Celtics. It features the instrumental used in the main song.
David Banner's song 'Shawty Say' samples the opening part of the Lil Wayne's second verse for its chorus. JJ uses elements of 'Lollipop' in their song 'Ecstasy'. Drake samples this song on his song 'In My Feelings' from his fifth studio album, Scorpion.
Charts and certifications
Framing Hanley cover
|Single by Framing Hanley|
|from the album The Moment|
|Framing Hanley singles chronology|
The post-hardcore band Framing Hanley covered the song as a bonus track on their album The Moment. It uses a slight bit of talkbox, but replaces almost all the other sound with electric guitar, and features a hard rock version of the lyrics sung by the band. It was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America for shipping 500,000 units in the United States.
|US Billboard Hot 100||82|
|US Alternative Songs (Billboard)||22|
|US Mainstream Rock (Billboard)||27|
|US Pop 100 (Billboard)||62|
- ^ abNew Music: Lil Wayne F/ Static – 'Lollipop'. Rap-Up (March 11, 2008). Accessed March 12, 2008.
- ^Lil Wayne Continues Hot 100 Dominance. Billboard (June 12, 2008). Accessed June 13, 2008.
- ^Jonah Weiner (February 22, 2008). Exclusive: Previewing Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IIIArchived February 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Blender. Accessed February 23, 2008.
- ^'American single certifications – Lil Wayne – Lollipop'. Recording Industry Association of America.If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- ^Reid, Shaheem (December 15, 2008). 'Lil Wayne's 'A Milli' And More Top Hip-Hop Songs Of 2008; 50 Cent Pledges Loyalty To Eminem: Mixtape Monday – Music, Celebrity, Artist News'. MTV.com. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^No byline (December 25, 2008). 'The 100 Best Songs of 2007'Rolling Stone, Retrieved December 25, 2008
- ^'DIGITAL MUSIC REPORT 2009'(PDF). Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- ^Mariel Conception (February 2, 2008). Lil Wayne: New Album 'Will Stick With You Forever'. Billboard. Accessed February 2, 2008.
- ^Andreas Hale (February 2, 2008). Lil Wayne Speaks Since Arrest. HipHopDX. Accessed February 2, 2008.
- ^ abArchived August 11, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- ^'Billboard Hot 100 Music Charts -Most Trusted Music Charts in the Industry' (in French). Billboard.com. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^'Leona Lewis Regains No. 1 On Hot 100'. May 2, 2008. Archived from the original on May 2, 2008. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- ^''Lil' Wayne's 'Lollipop' Makes Radio History' - March 27, 2008'. DJBooth.net. March 27, 2008. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^'Latest Gold / Platinum Singles'. Radioscope. July 17, 2011. Archived from the original on July 24, 2011.
- ^'Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Highest Selling Ringtone for 2008'. Yorapper.com. January 10, 2009. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^'2008 Top Selling Hip Hop/R&B Artists, Ringtones, and Albums'. E.G Radio Online. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^'2008 U.S. Music Purchases Exceed 1.5 Billion; Growth in Overall Music Purchases Exceeds 10%'. Business Wire. December 31, 2008. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^Grein, Paul (May 4, 2011). 'Week Ending May 1, 2011. Songs: Even Divas Struggle Chart Watch – Yahoo! Music'. New.music.yahoo.com. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^'The Top 20 Songs of 2008 on the Billboard Hot 100'. Allnumberoneradio-kxklhd.itmblog.com. Archived from the original on March 24, 2010. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^'Australian-charts.com – Lil Wayne – Lollipop'. ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Austriancharts.at – Lil Wayne – Lollipop' (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Ultratop.be – Lil Wayne – Lollipop' (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- ^'Ultratop.be – Lil Wayne – Lollipop' (in French). Ultratip. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- ^'Brazil'(PDF). ABPD. October 6, 2001. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- ^'Lil Wayne Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)'. Billboard. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'ČNS IFPI' (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: Change the chart to CZ – RADIO – TOP 100 and insert 200835 into search.
- ^'Danishcharts.com – Lil Wayne – Lollipop'. Tracklisten. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Lescharts.com – Lil Wayne – Lollipop' (in French). Les classement single.
- ^'Musicline.de – Lil Wayne Single-Chartverfolgung' (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^ 'Nederlandse Top 40 – week 31, 2008' (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40 Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Charts.nz – Lil Wayne – Lollipop'. Top 40 Singles. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Norwegiancharts.com – Lil Wayne – Lollipop'. VG-lista. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Swedishcharts.com – Lil Wayne – Lollipop'. Singles Top 100. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Swisscharts.com – Lil Wayne – Lollipop'. Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Official Singles Chart Top 100'. Official Charts Company. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Lil Wayne Chart History (Hot 100)'. Billboard. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Lil Wayne Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)'. Billboard. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Lil Wayne Chart History (Pop Songs)'. Billboard. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Lil Wayne Chart History (Hot Rap Songs)'. Billboard. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^'Latest Gold / Platinum Singles - RadioScope New Zealand'. July 28, 2011. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- ^'Recording Industry Association of America'. RIAA. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- ^'The Billboard Hot 100 Singles & Tracks – Decade Year End Charts'. Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- ^'American single certifications – Framing Hanley – Lollipop'. Recording Industry Association of America.If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- ^'Framing Hanley Chart History (Hot 100)'. Billboard. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- ^'Framing Hanley Chart History (Alternative Songs)'. Billboard. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- ^'Framing Hanley Chart History (Mainstream Rock)'. Billboard. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- ^Archived June 18, 2009, at WebCite
- 'Lollipop' Official music video on YouTube
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics